Last Saturday Bonnyrigg Rose 2009s held a very successfull football festival in the sunshine at Poltonhall. Clubs from all over Midlothian were invited and some great skills were on display.
Photographs courtesy of Violet Shelley, a volunteer photographer for Youth Football Scotland.
A new season of kids football in Midlothian kicks off this Saturday 4th March.
For those players and parents moving to Super 5s (the 2009 age group) click here to see the Super 5 Rules
Good luck to all players, have a great season.
A new kids football season kicks off this Saturday. For those new to Fun 4s here are the rules.
Fun 4s – 10 Simple Rules
1) Games will be 10 minutes in length and controlled by central time keeper
2) Coaches will supervise games from the side of the pitch (with minimum coaching)
3) There will be no offside during play
4) There will be no goalkeepers during play
5) When the ball is out of play, restart will be from a kick in
6) Players cannot score straight from kick in
7) There are no corners, restart will commence with a kick in by defending team, and first pass is free, before attacking team can encroach the play
8) When a goal is scored, team restarts from their goal, with the scoring team retreating to half way
9) First pass from restart, will be a free pass
10) Only one player from the younger age group, allowed to participate in squad rotation
Hosts may bring in different variations of play for the 4x4s; please let the kids enjoy them
Please make sure the kids wear shin guards
Encourage kids of all teams during the games