Penicuik lose to Lochee United

Monday March 23rd 2015

Penicuik vs Lochee United

Reporter Jim Dick

Penicuik: Hill, Ross, McDermott, White, Young, Burrell, Killin, Lister, McCallum, Weir, Jancyzk Subs: Cunnison, Gay, Patterson, Bunyan, McCulloch

Lochee United: Fotheringham, Bannon, Beedie, Webster, McWalter, Percy, Voigt, Blackwood, Scott, Hagan, Gallacher Subs: Cargill, Martin, Birse, Gray

Referee: Mr Scott Lambie

Lochee United got their revenge over Penicuik with a convincing 1-3 victory at Penicuik Park after losing 1-5 at home in February.

The visitors took the lead in the 2nd minute when keeper Hill failed to hold Beedie’s high cross into the penalty box and Blackwood took full advantage to stroke the ball into the empty net. One minute later, a twenty yard strike by Lister flashed just wide of the target. Immediately afterwards, an effort by Lochee’s pacey Scott flew a yard wide of the goal.

In the 8th minute, keeper Fotheringham got down well to save a strike by Ross. Then following a free kick to Lochee, the ball was headed out to the edge of the box where McWalter volleyed the ball just wide of the right hand post.

On the half hour, a corner to Penicuik was headed back across goal to Killin who saw his first time volley crash back off the bar and cleared. Ten minutes later, another corner to Penicuik was only partially cleared and Burrell tried a long rage strike but keeper Fotheringham was well placed to save.

Penicuik equalised in the 41st minute when a lovely Jancyzk pass over the top of the Lochee defence picked out Weir who lobbed the ball over Fotheringham into the net.

Just before half time a powerful strike from the left wing by Lochee whistled inches over the bar with Hill beaten.

Half Time: Penicuik 1 Lochee 1

Six minutes into the half and Lochee’s top goal scorer Voigt had a great chance to give his side the lead, but his shot clipped the top of the crossbar. In the 57th minute, Jancyzk’s cross was met in the box by Killin who saw his first strike block and his second from the rebound blocked and thumped clear. One minute later, a McDermott pass picked out Weir who turned quickly and went for goal, but the ball flashed past the base of Fotheringham’s left hand upright.

In the 70th minute, a Weir free kick beat the defensive wall but went inches over the bar. Minutes later, keeper Fotheringham tipped a Ross cross over the bar. Then in the 74th minute, a clever reverse pass by Rafferty set up Beedie who coolly chipped the ball over Hill as he rushed from goal.

Immediately afterwards, Jancyzk had a chance but his effort from close range went over the bar. The game was put to bed in the 87th minute when Beedie was allowed to run across the edge of the box and lay the ball off to Voigt who had peeled off of Cunnison to slot the ball past Hill to seal a well-deserved three points for the visitors.

Tweet Share on Facebook  

Subscribe to the Midlothian View newsletter

Support Midlothian View from as little as £1. It only takes a minute. Thank you.

Comments are closed.


Midlothian View Advertising